Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The First Post

The first blog post always seems slightly surreal. What to write, what to write...?

I suppose I'll get straight to business... It must be business time (there's a call out to all you Flight of the Conchord fans).

Basically, I envision this blog as a sort of food and fitness journal, with a bit of a Christian twist. I am, after all a Christian, and it's the sort of thing that invades your whole life. Well, let's be honest: it should be part of every bit of your life, but people are pretty good at categorising and I'm no exception.

It turns out, however, that food (especially honey) is talked about heaps in the Bible, and a lot of what is said makes good sense (some of it, of course, is more specific to the Jewish culture, like the Passover feast). I figure that I might as well talk about that too, and so provide some spiritual balance to a blog which is predominantly about the physical body.

I plan on keeping a journal of what I eat, the exercise I do, as well as things like recipes, motivational things and the aforementioned Bible bits.

If you made it to the end of the post, well done. I tend chat on, and I'm sure that my ramblings are not endlessly interesting, even if they might be endless.

That's it for now!

Kathy xxx

2 comments:

  1. What is a blog without a call out to Flight of the concords?? I now must go and post their 'tears of a rapper' vid to my blog!!!

    So..... did not know you had this many blogs! You reallyy do like blogging don't you! Good stuff, do it while you can, once you (eventually) have children, you will probably have to cut back to one. You will still have ample time for facebook and pinterest though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to write! And blogging lets me write :)

    Yes, do the Flight of the Conchords fan post!

    ReplyDelete

Encouragement, questions and general remarks are all very welcome, and I read every comment.